Friday, March 5, 2010

Genie in the Camera



There is a micro processor in my Camera.

Yes indeed there is one. But there is also one in my washing machine too!

The chip in the camera is equipped with burnt in data and commands for the camera. Just imagine the chip as a half naked genie (think Barbara Eden in ‘I dream of Jeannie’). The Canon Eos 40D uses the Digic III image processor.


When the camera is set to automatic mode, the many eyes and hands genie will in a nano second;

• assess the quality of the lights entering,
• reach out to open the aperture to the correct size,
• adjust the lens barrel to get the sharpest focus,
• hold the shutter just long enough for the correct amount of light to hit the sensor,
• mind the white balance so that the white is white, not blue or yellow
• And not to forget to form the image of your subject in the sensor.

But photography is more than just a record of things or person at that specified time. Sooner or later I wish to exercise my creativity. And also to produce something attractive. Bit by bit I would like to take over some of the controls so that there is kind of input. After all I want to be known as the person who takes the picture, not just the camera.

4 comments:

AB_PS said...

nice meeting you in cyber space.....AB here......

Kayelmiumiu said...

....... and I know all about you.

gundaman said...

...piaks piaks this miu miu pussy..

Anonymous said...

tell me then......